Photos, contacts, messages, music and other valued data saved on an iPhone may be lost due to various incidents, such as mistakenly deletion, iOS update or jailbreak failure, software crash, virus attack, iPhone damaged, stolen or lost, etc. Luckily, days of losing data without hope of recovery have long gone. For Apple users, they can rely on the backup files made by iCloud or iTunes to restore the data. What if there is no backup available? With third-party data recovery tools, you can also recover your lost data without hassles.
Google it, and you will find many paid or free iPhone data recovery tools claiming that they can help you retrieve all your lost data at a high success rate. However, that’s exactly the problem. It is really hard to make a choice. To help you further on the matter of data loss, here we have included the 5 best free iPhone recovery software for your references. Just go through the list and use your preferred one to recover your lost data on iPhone/iPad for free.
- Free iPhone Data Recovery
- EaseUs MobiSaver Free
- MiniTool Mobile Recovery for iOS Free
- Aiseesoft Free iPhone Data Recovery
- Disk Drill
1. Free iPhone Data Recovery
Gihosoft Free iPhone Data Recovery is the best and most reliable free iPhone recovery software that covers all kinds of data loss scenarios. The freeware is very easy to use and enables users to recover deleted photos, videos, text messages, contacts, call logs, WhatsApp, notes, voice memos, Safari history, and much data from iPhone/iPad. Also, it provides you 3 ways to restore lost data, recover directly from iPhone, or extract files from iTunes and iCloud backup. The iPhone data recovery free tool works well on all iPhone models and iOS versions.
- Clear and user-friendly interface.
- Comes with high data recovery speed.
- Supports to recover up to 16+ types of files from iOS devices.
- Features advanced technology to ensure high success rate of recovery.
- Allows preview deleted files in details and selectively recover the data you want.
- Fully compatible with the latest iOS system and devices.
- Recovers not only from iOS device directly but also iTunes/iCloud backup.
- Available for both Windows and Mac computer.
- The free version allows you to recover several types of data, like notes, Calendars, Safari history, etc.
How to Recover Deleted Files from iPhone or iPad for Free:
- Download and install this best free iPhone data recovery software from Gihosoft on your Windows PC or Mac, then launch it.
- Select the data like photos, videos, messages, contacts, call logs that you wish to recover, or check “Select All” to recover all files from iPhone. Then click “Next” to proceed.
- Now connect your iPhone or iPad to the computer using a USB cable. The freeware will detect the device automatically and display the iTunes backup if you have one.
- Choose “Recover Data from iOS Device/iTunes Backup” and click on “Next” to let the program to begin scanning deleted files.
- After the scan, you can preview all recoverable data in details and choose the items you need, then click “Recover” to export and save them on your computer.
Warning: Do not use the iOS device which you want to recover data from before running this free iPhone recovery software; otherwise, the action will overwrite the device’s memory storage and make the lost data unrecoverable.
2. EaseUs MobiSaver Free
EaseUs MobiSaver Free is another easy to use yet completely free iPhone data recovery software that guarantees to recover all kinds of lost data from your iPhone or iPad. With this free tool, you can easily recover deleted messages, contacts, photos, videos, notes, and many other contents without having any technical knowledge. The software also offers data recovery from iOS devices, iTunes and iCloud backup.
- Easy installation and smart scanning feature.
- Provides three quick data recovery modes.
- You can preview recoverable contacts, photos, videos, messages, etc.
- Supports to recover lost data from iOS 12 and iPhone XS/XS Max/XR.
- The installation package is a bit large, for about 60MB.
- Takes a longer time of 2 hours to extract iPhone backup data.
- Sometimes it takes a long time to connect to an iPhone or iPad.
- Requests for a high payment of about $79 to download the recovered data.
3. MiniTool Mobile Recovery for iOS Free
The list of the best free iPhone recovery software would be incomplete without MiniTool Mobile Recovery for iOS Free. The freeware is compatible with all iOS devices to recover text messages, contacts, photos, notes, etc. It is easy-to-use with a user-friendly interface. Also, it has three data recovery modules: recover from iOS device, iTunes iCloud backup file. It guarantees recovery of data loss due to factory reset, iOS upgrade, forgotten password, accidental deletion, failed jailbreak, device lost or stolen, etc.
- Intuitive interface that offers easy navigable options.
- Retrieves a wide array of data such as SMS, contacts, photos, notes, videos, WhatsApp, etc.
- Provides a preview of all data scanned and lets you choose the data to restore.
- Useful for worst-case situations like a system crash, factory reset, virus attack, etc.
- The software takes a long time to scan iOS devices for deleted files.
- The free version does not offer the option to save the recovered data.
4. Aiseesoft Free iPhone Data Recovery
Aiseesoft Free iPhone Data Recovery is also a great free iPhone recovery software and preferred by many people to recover lost data on iPhone. It automatically starts its recovery processing when you connect your iOS device to computer. The freeware is exceptionally versatile for retrieving a wide range of data, including contacts, messages, call history, notes, etc. And you are allowed to preview and select the data you need before retrieving.
- Has a well-designed and straightforward interface.
- Provides fast and reliable data recovery options for iPhone/iPad.
- Offers three ways to recover lost files: direct recovery from iOS device, recovery through iTunes backup, and iCloud backup files.
- The free data recovery tool is compatible with iPhone XS/XS Max/XR, X, 8/7/SE/6s/6 Plus, iPad Pro, etc.
- It is very slow and requires a long time to scan iOS device.
- You can not test it properly unless you upgrade to the Pro version.
- The free version is available for only 15 days after which the main features will be disabled.
5. Disk Drill
Looking for the best free iPhone data recovery software for your lost data? You should not miss Disk Drill. This software is easy to use and works with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch to recover data lost due to accidental deletion, interrupted iOS upgrade, failed jailbreak, broken device, etc. As oof the best free iPhone recovery software, Disk Drill can recover lost data in very simple steps and in a short time.
- Comes with very hands-on and intuitive interface.
- Recovers a wide range of data without hassles.
- You can preview deleted files before recovering process.
- Supports all newest and old version of iPhone/iPad devices.
- Has excellent support for assistance whenever needed.
- The free version can recover only some types of data.
- It is not as fast as any of the other tools in this list, and may take a long time to complete the recovery process.
- It is not entirely free – free version comes with limited features while pro (full) version costs from $89 to $399.
In this article, we reviewed the top 5 free iPhone data recovery software, which you can use to recover lost data from iPhone or iPad with or without backup. Each tool mentioned above has its features and downsides. Hope you can find the one that meets your requirements well. If you know any other free yet powerful iPhone recovery applications, please let us know in the comment section below.